September 4, 2012

You’ve completed your TEFL training and you are now working at your new job. Congratulations! Once you have a work permit and your non-immigrant B (non-B) visa you will need to submit a “form for alien to notify of staying longer than 90 days,” also known as a “TM. 47” to your local Thai immigration office every 90 days. When you report to immigration, you will receive a slip of paper stapled to the last sheet of your passport with the next check-in date.

Bring the following documents with you to the Thai immigration office when you do your first 90-day check-in:

  • Your original passport (Just in case you need to make extra copies!)
  • A copy of your passport’s information page
  • A copy of your current visa
  • A copy of your departure card (TM. 6)
  • A copy of last entry stamp

You will also need to complete a 90-day notification form. You can fill this out at the immigration office or use the following example to fill it out beforehand.

example tm. 47 90-day notification form - TEFLPlus, Phuket

The “ENTERED THAILAND ON” date is the date of your last entry. You will always use your latest entry date.

The arrival card number is found in the lower right-hand corner of your arrival card. There are two letters followed by a series of digits.

thailand tm6 arrival card number

You must file this report within 7 days before or 7 days after your 90-day period expires. There’s a fine of up to 5,000 Baht if you are late, so keep note of your next 90-day notification of stay date.

It is also possible to file your report by registered mail. But, first check with your local immigration office if they will accept it.

Back to top